Massage Therapy is a safe and effective way to treat a variety of concerns related to pregnancy.
What to expect
We will discuss the most comfortable way for you to be treated at the start of every appointment. Early in your pregnancy you may be comfortable laying on your stomach, but as your baby grows, side-lying will be more comfortable. This transition is different for everyone.
The amount of pressure used during the treatment is adjusted to suit your preference or condition and is applied using the hands, fingers, forearms and elbows. Except for the area being treated you will be covered with a sheet and blanket.
Yes, I will massage your feet if this is something you enjoy!
benefits of Prenatal massage
- may help alleviate the physical symptoms of anxiety and depression related to pregnancy and new parenthood
- decrease muscle and joint pain in the hips and low back
- help to decrease swelling in the feet, ankles, and hands
- there is some evidence that prenatal massage may reduce labour pain and duration
- evidence suggests prenatal massage may reduce stress hormones in newborns
- relaxation massage may result in improved sleep, which can be difficult especially in the later stages of pregnancy
45 Minutes | $70
60 Minutes | $90
*all fees include HST. I have a no tipping policy. The best tip is for you to tell your friends and family about the great care you received!